Since 2021 and in partnership with some of TPUSA’s most generous supporters, Turning Point USA launched the Missy Shorey Scholarship to offer the incredible opportunity for female-conservative high school students to attend the Young Women’s Leadership Summit (YWLS) in Dallas. This scholarship covers student costs associated with attending YWLS including all conference fees, event tickets, lodging, and assistance with travel costs.
Founded in 2012 by Charlie Kirk, TPUSA is a 501(c)(3) whose mission is to identify, educate, train, and organize students to promote the principles of freedom, free markets, and limited government.
Students who attend YWLS will hear from guest speakers, receive first-class activism and leadership training, and participate in a series of networking events with political leaders and top-tier activist organizations. Following YWLS, these activists return to their campuses energized, equipped with the proper tools and training to defend conservatism on their campus.
Previous YWLS speakers include TPUSA Contributor and host of POPlitics Alex Clark, former National Press Secretary to President Trump Kayleigh McEnany, Judge Jeanine Pirro, Blexit Founder Candace Owens, and former Senior Adviser to President Trump Lara Trump!
On April 24, 2019, the world lost a brilliant mind, beautiful spirit and bright light when Missy Shorey passed away unexpectedly at age 47. Missy achieved more in 47 years than most could accomplish in 100. She established the Young Republicans Club at Countryside High School in Clearwater, Florida and served two terms as Class President in her junior and senior year. Missy graduated from University of Florida with a political science degree where she served as Student Body Vice-President and member of Florida Blue Key. She later earned her MBA from American University in Washington DC. Missy worked on Capitol Hill as a Senate staffer serving as Communication Director for the Joint Economic Committee. Missy achieved vice president titles at two of the largest Public Relations firms in the country, before founding Shorey Public Relations which she successfully ran as CEO from 2004 – 2019.
As Executive Director of Maggie’s List, she worked tirelessly to help elect Republican women to Congress. Founded in 2010, Maggie’s List is a Federal Political Action Committee created to raise awareness and funds to increase the number of conservative women elected to federal public office. Maggie’s List works with sitting and former members of Congress to support strong conservative women seeking office.
Missy was also the first women elected as Chair of the Dallas County Republican Party and was poised to announce her 2020 bid for the U.S. House of Representatives. Despite her impressive level of professional titles and responsibilities, Missy managed to place her marriage, family, and friendships above all else with astounding success.
The Shorey family and Park Cities Republican Women (Dallas) created the Missy Shorey-Turning Point USA Scholarship to honor Missy’s full and fabulous life. The scholarship seeks to offer that same opportunity to other like-minded young women…that they may carry forward her energy, passion, and patriotism by promoting conservative values in high schools, colleges, and universities in all 50 states.
- Applicant must be a female high school student with at least one year until graduation date.
- Attend a high school where no Turning Point USA chapter currently exists.
- Strong desire and intention to start a Turning Point USA chapter at her school.
- GPA: 3.0 or higher.
- Demonstrated conservative values, activism, and leadership.
- Chaperone required if under 16 (chaperone costs are not covered by scholarship).
- Please complete the form below to submit your official TPUSA Missy Shorey Scholarship application. Applications elsewhere will not be considered.
- This scholarship application serves as your registration for the Young Women’s Leadership Summit. You do not need to apply to the conference on the TPUSA website.
- Applications will not be considered if submitted after May 31, 2023.
- All scholarship recipients will be notified by email by the Missy Shorey TPUSA Scholarship Committee.
- Scholarship awardees will be contacted by TPUSA staff who will provide important details about summit logistics: registration confirmation, assist with travel arrangements, hotel accommodations, etc.
- Scholarship applicants who do not meet the Missy Shorey scholarship criteria, may still have an opportunity to attend the Young Women’s Leadership Summit.
Missy Shorey Applications are now closed.